Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo 850T: I have a volvo 850t wagon with automatic transmission,having

Customer Question

I have a volvo 850t wagon with automatic transmission,having problems with the flashing light syndrom. A qualified volvo mechanic replace the PNP switch, he took it for a run and after a short distance the flashing light came on again. Any suggestions what to check next
John T
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't try contacting me be Facebook, I am not a member
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.This needs done with a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

If the wiring from the PNP switch has not been checked/tested at all this needs done to see if any wiring is found to be an issue needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete