Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Check engine light is on and stays on 2000 S70. This

Customer Question

Check engine light is on and stays on for my 2000 S70. This indicates a problem with emissions. I've noticed that inside the fuel door looks like black soot. what does that indicate?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I don't, I happen upon this forum looking for a list of the codes. I was planning on taking it to the auto zone to get the codes.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I just wanted to have an idea of what the problem might be since I just picked it up from getting it serviced and a few problems taken care of like the brakes, master window switch replaced .... I'm a bit frustrated that the engine light was on once I started the car. Picked up car Friday after hours...
JA: OK! The Volvo Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of....I just didn't want the mechanics at the shop to assume I'm stupid being a woman and all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,If you can get the system scanned and return back here with the fault code and or codes I will help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank You!
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Post back when you ready and we can work from there. Im here all day.