Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Set the timing and set the rocker arm and spo JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Set the timing and set the rocker arm and spo
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2001volvo s40 1.9 did a head job. I need to set the timing the sprockets on the rocker arm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to set the rocker arm and the timing sprocket on the rocker arm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: Need to set the timing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did a head job got the head on need to set the rocker arm and the timing sprocket on for the belt
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry for the delay, do you still need help?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm trying to set the timing i need to know how the cam shaft and the timing gear is Set.
Give me a couple minutes, I have another waiting customer ahead of you.
Starting on your post now.
Are the steps below what your asking for?https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/volvotime.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris