Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

Andy. I live in Dutch Harbor, AK. We are lacking skilled

Customer Question

Hello, Andy. I live in Dutch Harbor, AK. We are lacking skilled service technicians being on an island on the aleutian chain. My 2006 volvo xc90 was having a problem to where my driver door controls wouldn't do anything as well as my ac fan wasn't blowing and my external temperature didn't show in the dash. As I was driving my car loss power for a second then restarted though it said immobilizer check manual. It was barely noticeable it was so quick, then it happened again and everything worked drivers door, external temperature, Windows, locks... everything. After I parked my alarm started No one was by my house I turned off the alarm and I went to start it and nothing happened. No dash lights or any thing but the car had power because the lights were on by my feet and around where I put the key in. I got a ride to work and back and my car worked again and didn't work again. Any help? Thank you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In most cases if the alarm is sounding and the engine will not crank this usually means you could have a problem with the ignition and or the key programming. In order to determine which has failed you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20May7.pdfSee the starter circuit wiring diagram for reference here as well.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Start%20circuit%20Vol%20May%207.pdf