Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Pearl wilson. The key fob volvo s40, non turbo,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl wilson. The key fob for 2005 volvo s40, non turbo, is stuck in the ignition. Can you help?
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The key fob is stuck in the ignition. There are no messages on the dash. I can start the car with no problem. Every thing else is working fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried driving the car around, shift
ing gears,
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer! I am a factory trained Volvo master technician and i will be happy to assist you today with your S40. I will be asking you a series of questions to give you the best possible help that i can. First do you have a scan tool to pull codes from the vehicle? Do you have a volt meter to test for voltage?Also does the gear shift go into park normally. Does park display on the drivers information center or the display by the shifter?