Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

JA: . How can we be of help?Customer: I listen

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I listen clicking noise from the right side of the dashboard of my S70 when the AC is switced off. What is the matter?
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: So AC is off, and I listen clicks from the right side of the dashboard, similarely as when a setting motor is switching on and of permanently.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I hope so.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, I have no idea what is arranged behind the right part of the dasboard
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: I do not think so. It is a S70 from 1998.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,The noise will be a hvac flap actuator (for the A/C airflow within the cabin).One of the direction flaps is sticking, or the actuator is faulty.Best to let a Volvo tech do the job for you, there will be codes set in the hvac module as well.Hope this helps.Gary