camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

2002 S60 HAD TWO EPISODES OF LONG CRANK BEFDORE START, NOW

Customer Question

2002 S60 HAD TWO EPISODES OF LONG CRANK BEFDORE START, NOW NO START
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: two long crank events in about a 4 day period now wont crank at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just getting started check fuel pump fuse in drivers door opening its good now?
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: no 2002 s60 2.4 non turbo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  camerontech replied 7 months ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech things are coming to mind for your long cranking issue.1. fuel pump.you will have to verify it has fuel pressure and record the pressure.2. crankshaft position sensor.inspect this visually for being tight, no metal filings stuck on the magnet and for some reason i have seen bolts always missing from the transmission housing on these models, and the tranmission is itself loose causing a bad or no crank signal.if all the visual cranks sensor check is ok, a signal check will be required with a scope for proper square wavelengths
Expert:  camerontech replied 6 months ago.
hi there,how did your repair go?
hi there,please dont forget to rate me as it is important for my page!thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!cam