Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Jaymes here. I bought a 94 volvo 850 turbo. I got it .

Customer Question

Hi jaymes here. I bought a 94 volvo 850 turbo. I got it . Running, buy I have no brake lights head lights, alarm, dash lights, plus the climate control not working. When I cut on the park lights they work. When I hit the high beems they come on,but only when I hold it. What my problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: No it only have 79000 miles on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This may be due to a fault with the head light switch itself as I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced.If this has not been checked to see if this is the cause this needs tested as well as the wiring checked from it and the dimmer switch for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete