FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Just bought 2002 cross country w 124 k mi., T3 turbo. Hear

Customer Question

Just bought 2002 cross country w 124 k mi., T3 turbo. Hear of horror stories act automatic. Mine works fine. What is suggested maintenance for the transmission?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is suggested maintenance for auto transmission on 02 cross country. Presently works smoothly. Just purchased vehicle at 124k mi.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just getting info presently
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: trouble light "airbag sensor requires attention, yellow triangle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. It is a good sign that it is shifting fine. What I would do maintenance wise is have the fluid serviced and not flush. A simple fluid change is all that you need and that will prevent any damage to the transmission. I would then proceed to change it every 30,000 miles and you should be fine. Also make sure that the fluid that is used is not aftermarket as that can damage the transmission. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need more help.