Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

My clocks petrol cage temperature cage ect have stopped working

Customer Question

My clocks petrol cage temperature cage ect have stopped working but my seat belt light is still working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's automatic reg 05 no clocks working or petrol gauge or temperature gauge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm going to have a go if not I'll take to a garage
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If the engine and transmission are both still operating properly with this issue here and no running issues are present this is most likely a fault with the instrument panel/gauge assembly itself.I have seen these fail before internally needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced to correct this issue.This is most common for this fault here.If the seat belt light is still working check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels and if these are o.k. I suspect the gauge needs repaired or replaced for this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete