internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

Check engine light came on, slow down shift up message. Car

Customer Question

Check engine light came on, slow down shift up message. Car is running rough, exhaust pipe is " puff, puff, puff". I'm 120 miles from nearest Volvo dealer. Is it safe to drive?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Internet connection is bad. I might get cut off. Email is ***@******.*** Phone is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  internal88 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon.Yes, it is safe to drive to the nearest auto repair. Once you are in the shop the tech can scan the vehicle's computer for the trouble code.The trouble code will give you an idea what is wrong with the car.It could be a misfire or knock sensor problem. You do not have to go to the Volvo dealer yet.Go to the nearest shop they could help you scan the code.Please rate me positive, thank you!