Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Trying to program keyless remote JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

trying to program keyless remote
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its a 2003 S60
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i am trying lol
JA: Anything else I can tell the Volvo Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: but hope is fading
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to help with your question today. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to program a remote yourself. It needs to be programmed using software at a Volvo dealer or a shop with an active VIDA subscription that allows for software downloads. The remote also must be new, as the packaging has a code on it needed by the technician.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.
Did you have any other questions? I see you have viewed the information but have not selected a rating for my service. Let me know how I can help. Thank you.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm just following up to see if you had any other questions. Let me know, thanks. If not, please remember to select a rating for my service.