Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo 740 turb: my(###) ###-####dont start, I changed the crancshaft

Customer Question

my(###) ###-####dont start, I changed the crancshaft pos. sensor and still the same, to morrow I will change the ignition control module....could it be more??
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Have you confirmed that you have no spark to the spark plugs when cranking?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I connected a bulp to the cables feeding the coil, the bulb lits for one sek. and then no light. when I turn my key it lithts up one sek. and I continue trying to crank engine
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.
You'll need to pull a spark plug wire off, directly off a spark plug, and with a spark tester that plugs into the spark plug wire crank it over and see if your getting any spark while cranking. If not, and you already tried a crank sensor. I believe your power stage has likely failed, over by the battery on the firewall. Those ignition boxes under the dash hardly ever fail. But I have had to put a few one, it's just not likely.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.
Let me know what happens there, sorry I couldn't respond sooner but I had to go out of town this weekend.