Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I can't move the car now JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

I can't move the car now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's won't get in gear the check engine light just came on too. Started about a week ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 7 months ago.
what volvo model year can you start the car give me more info thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
98 s90 Volvo it finally started but it took about 6 times. Now check engine light is on. I hope this is something that can be repaired
Expert:  Enes replied 7 months ago.
I think you maybe have problem on safety shift sensor called pnp switch what can prevent starting or shifting out of park it can do few problems when it fails that sensor can be replaced cost is around $450 TO VERIFY THAT IS PROBLEM YOU USE A SCANNER AND TEST THE CODES IF THEY STORED FOR PNP SWITCH IF THEY ARE THAN THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM if you can please take second of you time can you rate this answer reply positive the web page looks for your feedback from you to me to be positive or ok thank you so much . you can still talk to me after you rate so you know