Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

This is Bob I have a 2012 XC 60 with a yellow engine warning

Customer Question

This is Bob I have a 2012 XC 60 with a yellow engine warning light. Pulled the code and it said B1087. Having some trouble finding a good definition for that code.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, engine light intermittent, takes a while to come back on when reset. My wife drives the car and she also got a message on her information system about charging but she doesn't remember the exact message. I cannot recall that message.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 11 months ago.
b1087 is not so to say real code you are using non volvo scanner it cant brake down that code to volvo but most the time all\ those b codes are for software upgrades and low voltage issues what is see every day on those car . if you can rate me positive and reply back to me here again follow up thank you