Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

The name is ***** *****. I'm in the process of selling a 01

Customer Question

The name is ***** *****. I'm in the process of selling a 01 S40 - bought a S60. ad now the S40 is causing all sorts of grief. 1) Swapped out battery, so now my radio is out of service - no 'OFF' - nothing shown on screen. Found fuse blown, replaced still nothing after having car run 2+ hrs - trying to reset. 2) Because of engine running 2 hrs for radio, I now have the 'Check Engine' light on. Tried the Youtube 'fix' disconnect battery for a coupe minutes - no luck there. And 3rd irritant - the sun roof slider won't work as it catches the glass. Initially the front metal bumper that the slider stop at came loose - glue dried. Ans since then not working. Any ideas for these 3 hassles?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oh, and as of today - every time I turn off the car I loose the time 00:00 and the trip odometer goes to '0'. I did have regrets selling this car, but no longer !!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please cancel entire question, and reimburse my deposit. I've since repaired the sunroof slider, and have an idea for the rest. Interesting site but hopefully won't need any more service, as this car is being sold tomorrow. Please refund the initial deposit asap. Thanks.Ralph
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
I apologize for the delay as I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself here.Is there anything else I could possibly help with on your vehicle? Let me know,thanks Pete