Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Andy. i have a v70 xc cross county 199. the engine magaement

Customer Question

hi andy. i have a v70 xc cross county 199. the engine magaement liht is on as is abs as is its. the fans are also staying on and draining the batterys all the time:-(
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine management light is on. the abs light is on . the ets light is on . and the fans stay on which are now draining the battery.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Unfortunately what has to be done from here to locate and repair the faults is to have a scan tool plugged into your model to read out any codes set.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.If you can get this done and post the code info here this will help just let me know.There is a large number of possible faults for this issue here so having the codes checked does need to be done. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete