Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2001 Volvo C70 convertible topUnable to open up

Customer Question

2001 Volvo C70 convertible topUnable to open up convertible top, I turn ignition on and hold/press convertible top button and Windows automatically lower about 2 inches and then the rear window folds and open up and then everything's stops right there. The roof part never lifts up and stays closed.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This is usually due to an electrical fault with a limit/roof position switch itself sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in.I have seen these fail before needing replaced for this fault here.If you have not had the fault codes checked and the switch signals checked using a compatible scan tool plugged into your model at all this needs done.Once this is done the faulty switch is located and replaced in most cases to correct this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Enes replied 7 months ago.
I'm Volvo mechanic let me know if you need help with your car more