Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

My name is ***** *****. we just bought our daughter a 2000

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. we just bought our daughter a 2000 Volvo s70. good shape except for some lights on which the dealer said they repaired. however, the ETS light came on for the second time after about 10 minutes of driving. They told me they needed to replace another coil pack but not sure if one issue is related to the other
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the ETS light was on when we looked at the car and it took two weeks for them to fix as they said they were waiting for Volvo parts one of them being the throttle body sensor ( I think that is what they called it) it seems to be a bit hesitant but not a lot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I would hold on the repair I can get you ets light fixed get parts at cheaper that is for your throttle body fault code and coils also I can get you cheaper
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Ets and coil pack are not related problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well needless to say we returned the car. And in way to do so the car stalled and wouldn't start again. Some fuse's were blown so seems there are underlying issues
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
well fuses blown can be cause from wrong installation or shorted wiring you right they can be underlying the issue
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
let me know if can help you more ? if you can rate the answer ok netrual for me thank you