Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

My name is ***** *****, and i have an 07 xc90 that will not

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****, and i have an 07 xc90 that will not blow cold air
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, i replaced the drier and high pressure swith because there was a leak, i also vacuumed down and re-charged the system. it reads perfect pressures but it still will not cool.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Does the compressor cut on? and cycle like it should? or does the compressor not run? does it cool any at all? or is it just warm air ? thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor stays on and it does not cycle..and just warm air. even trying to add freon and no cooling at all
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Alright, when it's running, and you select warm air, does the air get hot? then move it to cold air. does the air temp change any? sometimes the blend doors get stuck or worse broken, and the blend door is stuck and that is the only temp you get then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried that, the blend door opens. ive got some of the dash taken off, i can see the blend door opening. also, i just checked the pressure and now its not taking freon to the HI side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The HI side wont go above 100
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
So your pressures are basically equal then?
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
while the compressor is running> ?
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Does it have good heat? then it's alot cooler when put to cold setting. that would tell us if the blend door is moving like it should.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well im going to vacuum it down again and try to re-charge it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its got good heat. but when I switch back to cold, its still not cold, still warm.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Alright, vacuum it down, and give it a recharge, if pressures are about equal when the compressor is running, it's going to be either the expansion valve or the compressor itself.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what happens. thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not see that other question. Yes the pressure are pretty much equal, and that's what i was thinking also but i'm really hoping that its not...there any way you could help me out with tearing the dash out?
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
If the temp is changing from hot to cooler when you move the temp knob. Then I don't think your problem is in the dash. With those pressures (high side at 100) Your not going to get any cool air till that problem is fixed. It should have close to 200 psi on the high side regardless of what the blend door is doing with the air on.