Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Volvo Penta 5.1: 1993 Volvo Penta 5.1. Two problems: (1) Port

Customer Question

1993 Volvo Penta 5.1. Two problems: (1) Port engine does not throttle down after running at high speed, but not problem running at low speed. (2) Port engine temperature rising under load, not reaching full rpm's per manufactuerer specs, low oil pressure when in operation, engine cuts out unexpectedly after running all afternoon. Port engine runs in sync with starboard up to 3100 rpms and then engine stops increasing in rpms.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. I would check to see if there are any vacuum leaks on the engine itself with the vacuum leaks needing repaired.I would check and make sure the engine oil level is o.k. and not sludged up in the engine as this can cause this fault here as well needing corrected.If all of this has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete