Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

My 2004 Volvo XC 90 T6 has been very loud on the highway. I

Customer Question

My 2004 Volvo XC 90 T6 has been very loud on the highway. I recently replaced the muffler, but this didnt help.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: there is also a vibration at high speeds and during acceleration I can feel . Seems to be under driver side. I feel it through the gas peddle
JA: Anything else I can tell the Volvo Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it, I just want the car quieter
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 9 months ago.
can you check by steering shaft inside the car under brake pedal are your steering shaft comes thru car there will be rubber boot there is that tight in place not loose
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can have the mechanic check that. I want to be able to have some information before I take it in so that I dont get charged for work that is not needed. When I turn hard right or left moving slowly , there is a loud squeaking noise. Could that be related?
Expert:  Enes replied 9 months ago.
IS VERY HARD TO SAY THRU EMAIL IF ICAN HEAR NOISE IF YOU CAN RECORD AUDIO OR VIDEO TO HEAR MAYBE I CAN HELP MORE