EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Volvo S80: , I just bought a 2008 Volvo s80. The parking

Customer Question

I just bought a 2008 Volvo s80. The parking break sensor will not go off. The parking break does not seem to be stuck and it drives fine other than the annoying dinging noise telling me my parking break is on.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.
Hi. WIll the parking brake apply?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, and then when I pull the release handle it releases.
Ok. The parking brake control module will have diagnostic codes stored. There could be an issue with one of the brake calipers in the rear or the control module. The best course of action is to have any codes checked in the park brake module. A scan tool is needed. Most part stores will check for free.The other thing you can try is to disconnect the battery negative terminal for a few minutes to reset the module. Sometimes this works and sometimes that is only a temporary repair. Can you have the codes checked and let me know?
Unless you have any more questions on this, you need to rate the service positively to help close out this chat. Thank you