Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Trying to reset the camshafts IN my 02 Volvo s40 1.9 t JA:

Customer Question

Trying to reset the camshafts IN my 02 Volvo s40 1.9 t
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: The alignment of the camshafts pullys on camshafts
JA: Anything else I can tell the Volvo Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: NO once I aligne pullys on camshafts I believe that will fix the issues that I'm having
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Here is a diagram I have located on the cam alignments for the timing belt.If this does not help or if you need more info on timing the engine let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete