Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Volvo S60 suddenly running rough, especially at low speed, check-engine light flashing at times or "On" while driving.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The check engine flashing means the ECM (computer) is seeing a direct engine misfire and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code for the cylinder that is misfiring. In order to know which cylinder is misfiring you are going to need to start with having the computer scanned to retrieve the fault code and or codes. Once you have these I can direct you in the proper repair. Most auto parts store beside those in California will perform the fault codes for you at no cost. If you can get this done and post back with them as well as the year of your Volvo and engine size I will help you from there.