Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo C70 convertible: 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible... ROPS Light

Customer Question

1999 Volvo C70 Convertible... ROPS Light Blinking Why?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The ROPS light will flash when the system has detected a failure and stored a code which a scan tool can retrieve. The most common RPS system component I find bad is the control module. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

How to reset? Isn't an option with standard OBDII reader. Can I disconnect the ROSS entirely... like remove fuse or circuit? Need an answer that provides some insight... not the obvious. Need to cure or bypass without huge dealer bill.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

How to reset? Isn't an option with standard OBDII reader. Can I disconnect the ROPS entirely... like remove fuse or circuit? Need an answer that provides some insight... not the obvious. Need to cure or bypass without huge dealer bill.

You can remove both battery cables and hold them together for one minute to reset the system. You can disable the system but not the warning light.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris