camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I put 15 litres of petrol in a diesel which had a quarter of

Customer Question

I put 15 litres of petrol in a diesel which had a quarter of a tank in. I haven't started it is it
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: A large repair bill
JA: Anything else I can tell the Volvo Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  camerontech replied 8 months ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.If you havnt started it yet, thats a bonus, as you will just have to drain the tank.you can siphon the fuel out till the tank is empy, than fill the tank as mutch as you can to dilute any other petrol.if you have started it, this will require a more extensive drain, as the fuel filter must be replaced after the tank, the fuel lines and injection system must be drained and flushed.
hi there,how did your repair go?please dont forget to rate me !thanks and i appreciate positive ratingscam