internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

I just replaced front rotors and pads on my 2014 S60 T5 2wd

Customer Question

,I just replaced front rotors and pads on my 2014 S60 T5 2wd and now my brake pedal is spongy and will slowly drop to the floor. It does brake when driving but the pedal is much looser. Any thoughts on the problem?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon.Did you open open one of the brake line? If yes, you will need to bleed out the trapped air in the system.If no, the master cylinder could have a leak.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Make sure the brake pedals are pump several times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not open any brake lines
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Try pumping the brake pedal. If the problem still persist, that means the master cylinder has an internal leak inside. A replacement unit is necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brake pedal was fine before I replaced the rotors and pads. Why would the master cylinder be bad now?
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
If you did everything right with the brake pad it should not give any problem.The master cylinder shaft must have scratched. Make sure there are no other external brake fluid leak else where.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't seen any leaks. Would low pads on the back brakes cause any issues with a spongy pedal.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
NO. The spongy pedal exist because of trapped air inside the brake line.