Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2005 volvo xc90 i got a no oil pressure light on

Customer Question

i have a 2005 volvo xc90 i got a no oil pressure light on than is started flicking. than it start flashing stop slowly cut car off i continue to drive home and car cut off. i waited for a few minutes started car back up drive home and seaform to it let car run and it cut off again.oh yeah it has been knocking extremely til i got home.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Since it was knocking your low oil pressure light was most likely accurate due to low on oil or the oil has sludged or the oil pump has failed. Step one is to check the oil quality and level, if both are good and its still knocking then the damage is already done. The engine will need to be replaced or rebuilt. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris