Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

When the gas tank on my 2004 Volvo V70 Wagon is full, there

Customer Question

When the gas tank on my 2004 Volvo V70 Wagon is full, there is smell of raw gas on the driver's side toward the rear of the vehicle. Especially strong after parking in my garage. The smell dissipates when the tank is 1/2 full or less. My general mechanic noticed a stain somewhere while the car was up on the lift. Is this a re-call issue and if not, what needs to be done to eliminate the problem.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

It sounds like the fuel pump may be leaking and would have to be replaced.

There has been a factory recall on some for that type of concern. The dealership might do that for free.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63cforu13vqhg72/RECALL%2009V483000.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Did you get that?

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the recall and instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.