Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I changed the battery. The radio asked. I type the 4 letters

Customer Question

I changed the battery.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Volvo Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The radio asked for code. I type the 4 letters code but it looked like only three digits were read. After the third try it wennt system off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I read that it could be Take the fuse 7 off or turn the key to position 1 for 2 or 3 hours
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the fuse off but it didn't worked. I was waiting to tomorrow morning to try the other way
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: No, unless it is a 2004 c70
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

To unlock the radio you will need to follow these steps.

1, hook up a battery charger to the vehicle.

2. leave the key in the accessory position for 1 to 2 hours engine off and you will be able to re enter the code.

If the code does not work, i can help you with this also.

Thanks

William