Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

My name is ***** *****. Possible I need to replace the

Customer Question

hi, my name is ***** *****. Possible I need to replace the carbon canister on my 2001 v70 xc awd. where do i find the canister?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car wont take fuel. the dealer has it now and they 'think' its the evap system but we've replaced the whole evap system about a year ago. at one point the car was sending a p0442. I had a disreputable person make the repair and not knowing what they did!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The last repair was on a check engine light. loose gas cap code intermittent, running rough and growling. The removed and replaced vent valve, vent valve and purge valve hoses and air tube going from the air box to the turbo.
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Do you need to know where to purchase the canister or where it actually is in the vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both would be helpful, but also do you think this is causing the problem?
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Although it would have to be tested to be sure and diagnosed according to the factory procedures, it is a good possibility that the canister itself is the cause of it.

.

The dealer, (factory) price on it is around $241, whereas after market, (EBay) a considerable amount less, $199 or so.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions along with the part number for the canister in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address, Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks I'll let you know after I talk to my husband.
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Expert:  Andy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. Spending more money for an additional service to allow Jerry to email you the information you originally requested is not necessary. The "rather large" file is only 429 kb. The part number is ***** Click here for the replacement instructions.

Please remember to select a rating for my service. Keep in mind two experts are involved, so please rate accordingly.