Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I'm currently having an issue with my Volvo, are you online?

Customer Question

Hello, I'm currently having an issue with my Volvo, are you online?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My battery had died and now when I put my key in the ignition I get 2 messages 1) anti skid service required 2) immobiliser try start again. I've jump started the car : Volvo C30 2010 r design
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello , Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Just so I'm clear, you replaced the battery is that correct? or just charged it? and after replacing or charging, you still got the "immobiliser" message in the instrument cluster? let us know, thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is correct.. Each time I try to turn on my engine the 'immobizer' information light comes back up. Is this just due to my key as I have two keys for my car? I've also tried locking and unlocking the car but still no luck
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is still my original battery, I had left my lights on over a 10 hour period and that is why my battery died, after jump starting it th car would then not turn on with the 'immobiliser try again' information light reappearing
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Alright, It's very possible that the CEM (Central Electric Module) lost key memory if it went completely dead. I have seen it before but it's not common. Have you got a spare key to try? If so, have you tried it yet and does the spare key give you the same result?