Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

1986 volvo 240- alternator belt keeps coming off, have

Customer Question

1986 volvo 240- alternator belt keeps coming off, have replace 2 out of 3 bushings on alternator-what is going on?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am asking this question for my son, he is a certified mechanic, but can't figure this out, I am doing this for him and will hand him over to you, THANKYOU so much!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is everyone? I was told i would have some kind of answer over 15 minutes ago
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Is the belt in line with the harmonic balancer pulley? I've seen the rubber in these balancers fail before, the harmonic balancer I'm speaking of that goes on the crank? try to wobble or turn that pulley on the crank and see if it's tight, or any signs the rubber is loose or coming out.

Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, we are experiencing some high volume this evening.