Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

My 2010 xc60 won't start. I get a message "key not found". I

Customer Question

My 2010 xc60 won't start. I get a message "key not found". I was able to use the remote to get unlock the doors and get into the car. The remote does not "draw in" when I insert it into the key slot. ?? The car is "frozen" and won't start.
Submitted: 11 months ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 11 months ago.

You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function .

If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked .A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .