Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a code 002B showing on my 2004 S80 (it also says"

Customer Question

I have a code 002B showing on my 2004 S80 (it also says " gear 4 incorrect gear ratio) What could this mean. It seems to be shifting fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. This code just showed up a few days ago . 85K miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Volvo Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 8 months ago.

that code is not that dangers so long it drives normal bad about that code is that your transmission is starting to go bad and slip where you cant feel but computer can measure difference and that codes will come there is no easy fix for that code complete transmission must be replaced or rebuilt to fix that code