Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 2006 Volvo S 60. 2.5T that has a major knock in the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo S 60. 2.5T that has a major knock in the engine. It started as a minor knock or clicking sound and I drove it for a while and one day it started the big time knocking, like an diesel sound but much louder. I didn't have the money to check it out then because it sounds serious and expensive so I parked it. I am ready to have it looked at now. If it turns out to be major engine repair would it be best to repair it or buy a used engine and try my luck with that? What would cause a loud knocking like that. Thanks in advance.
Scott
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 8 months ago.

Hi Scott,

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. Does the knock occur all the time (hot or cold engine and at all engine speeds)? How many miles are on the car? Do you know the service history of it?