Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Check engine light on Volvo S60 2013 just came on. Have a

Customer Question

Check engine light on Volvo S60 2013 just came on. Have a big drive ahead of me and I service my car regularly on schedule. Is there any way to find out what is wrong on the dash?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did. Do u need more?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The check engine light comes on when the PCM (computer) sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code. In order to determine what is causing it the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault code retrieved. Most Auto Parts stores with the exception of those in California will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get the scan done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause. Let me now and we can work from there.