rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Drivers window won't roll all the way up. Happens on a 2006

Customer Question

Drivers window won't roll all the way up. Happens on a 2006 Volvo S80. Do I recall that there might be a calibration process to fix this problem?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

That is possible, and the dealer can give you that information, BUT, the most common cause would be a bad window regulator. Removing the door panel will tell you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Can you give me a way to get the window up as a temporary fix? Raining today.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Well, if it won't pull up by have while working the switch, then the door panel will have to come off. Sorry,