Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Won't Start (sometimes), erratic messages and dashboard

Customer Question

Won't Start (sometimes), erratic messages and dashboard lighting, immobilizer message, stearing lock message, brake system message, engine system service required. A couple of the times we were able to resest the immobolizer and the car started, but one of the times it didnt work.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/volvo/4uqkt-volvo-s40-2-4i-good-morning-recently-having-electrical.html#ixzz428ByH7wk
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Right
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the switch for the key fob
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: It did this three months ago, then it stopped now it back again. Took it to Volvo in Rochester, they said it was a loose battery cable
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Volvo Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Volvo Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

I send you reply did you get it ?

Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

You can have a bad key chip where you see that immobilizer message bad key chip can do that or also immobilizer module

Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

You can try this

You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function .

If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked .A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .