Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 98 s90 volvo i went to start my car and i had

Customer Question

i have a 98 s90 volvo i went to start my car and i had nothing…in the main fuse box under the hood took out the 50 amp fuse that has the ignition switch and it started right up i replaced it but it will not work with the fuse in it
when it 1 st happened i had nothing but when i opened my car door the hazard lights started flashing although they were not on.they would go out in about 15 minutes on their own…i have no radio no turn signals now and no high beams.when light switch is in position where your lights have to be shut off manually i don't have the ding as when your door is open but if i put them in the position where your lights come on auto when you turn your car on or off i have the ding
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any shorted or damaged wiring at the battery or leading to the battery or where the wiring and cables connect to the starter,alternator and engine as well as body and fuse panels.If any wires are found to be loose,damaged or corroded this will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete