Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

We have a 2007 volvo C70 hardtop. the interior cloth liner

Customer Question

we have a 2007 volvo C70 hardtop. the interior cloth liner dropped and the roof that otherwise retracted ok, could not be opened. we went for a quote on the replacement and it was very high- too much money for a 2007 cosmetic issue ($2300.00 for a new cloth headliner!). we took it to a car service station and they unscrewed the liner and removed. the thin cables that appeared to be cosmetic and go with the liner were removed. the top opened and shut normally for a few days (5 or 6 times). Then, when trying to open again, it opened lop-sided and the entire mechanism is not working - trunk lid staying open and separate pieces not opening uniformly. is this a cable related issue? Did they serve a purpose other than costmetic? OR is this a motor issue?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: sure if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: see above
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: no. otherwise working great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Volvo Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

So what you have it looks it lost calibration of roof what you will have to do install fresh software to roof control module and then recalibrate all positions and that should help . In some cases you can have bad sensor . But thus type of repair can only be done at volvo dealer it requires special scanner