Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

MY 2011 VOLVOXC90 HAS THESE CODES: P2402 AND P043E, CHECK

Customer Question

TIM, MY 2011 VOLVOXC90 HAS THESE CODES : P2402 AND P043E
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON, ADVANCED AUTO SAID THESE CODE CAME UP ON CODE READER
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. What you likely have wrong with your XC90 on these codes, is the LDP (or Leak Detection Pump) failing. Volvo has had issues out of this part. There is a software download that "widens" the parameters on the leak detection system and can help. However, if the pump itself is failing, it will probably not fix it. You could try the software download, but that is 50/50 in my opinion. The pump is 100$ or less online, it's tucked up under the rear of the vehicle and is accessible easier when pulling the spare tire out.

Here is a picture of the LDP pump. It will take roughly hour and half to replace. Let me know if you have any further questions. I try hard to provide 5 star service, so don't hesitate to ask me anything else if you need to. Thank you.