Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 1988 Volvo 240dl will not start.The fuel pump do not run

Customer Question

My 1988 Volvo 240dl will not start.The fuel pump do not run when I try to start the engine.I have a new fuel pump and filter.
New fuel pressure regulator.
New fuel pump relay.
New oxygen sensor.
New ignition switch.
New coolant temp sensor.
Had the computer check ok.
All fuses are ok.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring at the fuel pump relay and leading to the fuel pump for any issues.If any issues are found the fault will need corrected/repaired.If this is or has already been checked into and no issues found let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete