Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

The key fob is stuck in the hole and won't come out and no

Customer Question

The key fob is stuck in the hole and won't come out and no response from any function
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Went out to start the car today -- pushed the key fob in, it did not start, several messages popped up and then nothing. I cannot get the key fob to release or any other functions to work. Have a brand new battery less than two months old -- wondering if I need to try to jump start the car
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Volvo Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: What noise?
JA: Is there anything else the Volvo Mechanic should be aware of about your Volvo?
Customer: What noise?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 9 months ago.

You can pull slight with force you can spray slight wd40 spray but do this first before pulling than pull

You can disconnect battery take plus and minus cables off the battery . Than take plus and minus cable ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min this process will make hard reset to car computers and can bring car system modules online and normal function .

If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked .A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .