sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2010 XC-60 with the Parking Brake Warning Light &

Customer Question

I have a 2010 XC-60 with the Parking Brake Warning Light & Alarm going off since last night. I did not engage the parking brake & have tried all of the fixes in the owner's manual to get it to stop. We live outside Dallas, but are in Austin visiting for the weekend. We will take the car to the mechanic when we get home, but is there a way to get the warning alarm to stop so we can drive the 225 miles home in peace?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You're seeing the warning and hearing the chime because the parking brake module has seen a failure in the system. The problem may be a handful of things including the module itself, the switch, wiring, or the motors on the rear brake calipers. The most likely causes would be the calipers, their wiring and connections.

The chime and warning light cannot be turned off without repairing the issue unfortunately.