sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Do Volvos have a safety built in when the oil gets low and

Customer Question

Do Volvos have a safety built in when the oil gets low and hot it shuts down
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was driving my car and it stalled I checked my fluids and the oil was a quart low after adding a quart of oil and letting it cool it would start and I could drive it again about a hour later it stalled again. I can feel it loose power before it stalls so I can pull over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine is losing power and dying and then won't restart without a cooldown period that usually points to a loss of fuel pressure from a failing fuel pump. The problem won't be related to previously being a quart low on oil.

What year and model is the vehicle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1998. V70

Have you checked for fault codes?