Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo s70 1999 2.4L. Problem: do not turn on, no noise, no

Customer Question

volvo s70 1999 2.4L. Problem: do not turn on, no noise, no lights on panel, the battery is fully charged, new alternator, eats a lot of oil (about a quart per month). Before the car is totally dead, the engine check and ETS is appearing, and the obd2 scanner result is all about Oxygen sensor. Can you analyze the problem or what the causes of the problem
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do any of the electronics work at all on the vehicle like the horn or exterior lights at all?

Is it when you turn on the key no dash lights come on and the vehicle will not crank over and start at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
nothing at all
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
even the lights horn etc
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where is my response
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Check the battery cables at the battery as well as leading from the battery,alternator and starter for any loose or corroded connections.If these are all checked and found to be o.k. check the power feed inputs into the fuse panels for any loose or corroded connections needing repaired or replaced.If a fault is found with any of these here this will cause this issue.If any of the cables look deformed or damaged in any way this will cause high resistance and that cable would need replaced.If these were already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete