Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

No marks on cam gears how do I set timing
, i removed

Customer Question

no marks on cam gears how do I set timing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i removed cylinder head due to over heating please help with all timing settings
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i googled and some say piston must be all in line and others say no 1 should be tdc therefore i am confused . the cam notches on the rear should be in line
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: it is a b4204s engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Can you send year? model?