internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

Shahid - my volvo xc90 steering is hard. is it because of a

Customer Question

shahid - my volvo xc90 steering is hard. is it because of a steering pump issue?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no other problem but the steering is really hard and feels uneeven
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon.

Yes, it could be the steering pump and the steering rack. Both units can affect the steering performance.

You should change out the power steering fluid first. If is still hard then check out the items that I mentioned.